This ESI-UK Kickstart support course course is designed to support providers with their students throughout their learning and development journey within the kickstart programme.
The course includes the following four elements:
- Support sessions: Reflective sessions that allow students to self-reflect and evaluate on their development journey and explore how to continue their development throughout the course.
Work placement: During the work placement, students will explore the success of this experience, along with wider development opportunities that may be presented during this time.
Employability training: This employability training section includes a series of eLearning modules designed to support you in seeking sustained full-time employment, these include:
- Mindset: Exploring how your mindset can impact your success in employment.
- Searching for jobs: Providing tips and tricks on how to best search for job vacancies.
- Building an effective CV: Looking at how to best present yourself within a CV for a prospective employer.
- Job application forms: Providing key information on how to best complete job application forms, for either standard or bespoke applications.
- Communication skills: Exploring the value of great communication when both searching for job vacancies, and also when in the workplace.
- Interview skills: Making your first impression count - Guidance on how to present yourself in a professional manner to get that job.
Starting a new job: Often a daunting process, but utilising our hints and tips, you will make the most of every opportunity.
- Additional support: To further support you during this time, the additional support section provides a comprehensive list of useful links to information sources that can help you with seeking work or training opportunities, in additional identifying what financial support may be available to you.
The Kickstart course is expected to take approximately 6 months to complete, and in doing students have access to this content throughout this period.
Once the course is completed, all successful students will gain a nationally recognised ESI-UK Certificate.
Best of luck.